Satisfy your sweet tooth while remaining guilt-free with these fantastic Date Truffles. Dates are naturally sweet and loaded with natural sugars, so you should avoid adding any further sweeteners! As always, enjoy them in moderation and as part of a solid nutrition plan.
The excellent thing about these date truffles is that you have the freedom to change the coating to your tastes. Fantastic alternatives could be roasted sesame, cinnamon, desiccated coconut, crushed nuts or dry ground berries. These healthy Date Truffles don’t just look terrific, they taste great and our personal trainers absolutely love them! If that’s not enough, they’re even freezable, saving you preparation time if you want to make a double serving; simply defrost the paste the night before and you’ll have yourself a ready paste to form more date truffles.
You’ll need the following to make these tasty Date Truffles, but of course feel free to play around with the coating to suit your tastes!
– 35g coconut oil, melted
– 30g dried dates, chopped
– 15g cocoa powder
– 35g nut butter of your choice
– 30g chocolate or vanilla flavour whey or rice protein powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
Decorative coating ideas:
– Desiccated coconut
– Cacao powder
– Crushed pistachio
1. Place the dates and coconut oil into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place all ingredients into a suitable bowl.
3. Stir well to combine into a thick paste. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
4. Roll the mixture into 5 balls.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you find that the paste is too firm, try adding more soft dates, but the trick is to form a paste that is both sticky enough for a coating but not too soft that you can’t properly form the truffles – it’s all about balance!
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.